Saturday, December 13, 2008

All I want for Christmas are my civil rights


Valerie and Tracie's march for equal rights is featured over at the Santa Cruz Good Times Weekly. Reporter Elizabeth Limbach writes about Valerie and Tracie's walk through Santa Cruz:

The pair was stopped by curious passersby every few feet as they passed through downtown Santa Cruz. They collected petition signatures, and shot short video clips of people answering the question, “If you could say one thing to the California Supreme Court, what would it be?” which they plan to compile and release post-journey.

[...]

They paused, also, to request a tune from Pacific Ave’s favorite accordion playing Santa Claus (a disguised Great Morgani), asking him if he knew “All I want for Christmas are my civil rights.”
Nothing like a Santa for equal marriage rights to get me in the holiday spirit! That's Valerie, above, with Santa.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment